The year 2020 started out well, I celebrated my 60th birthday in January with my lovely family. Shortly after that we started to hear about new virus in China, as the days went past the world closed its doors in an attempt to slow the spread. The words ‘shelter in place’ and ‘lock down’ became everyday words and for many of us it meant staying home more – we turned to working with our hands to keep our minds busy.
This design brings together my love of home, animals and flowers, my love of combining applique and embroidery with some simple patchwork really sets this design off to perfection.
Finished size approx. 14 ½” x 16 ½”
This kit includes:- a colour pattern with template sheets, printed fabrics which include the pre-printed stitchery backgrounds, binding fabric & 2 x hand painted bee buttons.
Get started on the project by cutting the swatches apart and then using the instructions in the pattern.
You Will Need to Add:
- 6 ply stranded embroidery floss, Lynette used Valdani #O512 chimney dust, #P5 tarnished gold, #P10 antique violet, #O575 crispy leaf, #O32 tealish blue, #O507 rich wine, #M91 black night, #O126 old cottage grey, #P8 old rose, #H212 faded brown and #O511 black sea
- Backing fabric
- Batting, Lynette used fusible Pellon
- Fusible stitchery stabilizer, optional
- Apliquick rods, optional
- Appliqué paper, optional
- Fabric glue pen, optional
- Roxanne’s Glue Baste-It, optional
- Light box, optional
- Fine tipped fabric marking pen, I use a brown Pigma .01
- General sewing supplies